New Positions on Covestor—August 20th, 2010 (IWN, SLV, RTN)

Braver Wealth’s model, Diversified, uses ETFs in its allocation strategy. The fund’s objectives include preserving capital. This week, Braver Wealth added   iShares Russell 2000 Value Index Fund (IWN) to the model. IWN was designed to mimic the performance of the Russell 2000 Value index and does so by investing 90 percent of its assets in positions that are on the index. The other 10% of its assets are invested in securities that don’t appear on the index but that are expected to help the fund reach its desired performance. At the time this post was written the find was trading at a premium to NAV.

Peter Kurata’s CANSLIM model uses the system of the same name, created by William O’Neil, to find “big money” leadership stocks. These companies usually have popular products and accelerated growth. This week the model gained iShares Silver Trust (SLV). The trust holds silver and the goal is for the trust to reflect the price of its holdings. At the time this post was written the trust was trading at a discount to NAV.

Harvest Financial Partners added Raytheon Co (NYSE: RTN) to their Domestic Dividend model. In this model, Harvest Financial Partners focuses on investing in high-quality companies that pay a dividend and are well managed. RTN is a defense contractor working on missile defense and homeland security technologies and innovations. As of August 20th, 2010, RTN has a 3.44 percent dividend yield. The company recently released their second quarter 2010 financial results and showed an increased earnings per share from that of second quarter 2009 but lowered net sales since the program they were working for UK border control was terminated. You can read their full report here.