Online investment manager bringing together investors with financial industry experts around the globe March 20-21
January 30, 2012
Covestor, an investment management company that enables individuals to mirror the transactions of experienced investors, announced Next Invest, a first-of-its-kind virtual conference. During this online event on March 20 and 21, attendees can connect with top investors, learn how they’re positioning their portfolios and obtain actionable ideas from the convenience of their computers and mobile devices.
Covestor is a financial marketplace that lets clients:
- see what 135 experienced investors are buying and selling in their own portfolios;
- select from nearly 200 investment models;
- and copy proven investors’ trades in real time.
“The cost and time involved in travel makes attending conferences difficult,” said Covestor CEO Asheesh Advani. “By hosting the Next Invest conference online, Covestor is continuing with its mission of providing people with both online convenience and first-hand financial content.”
The online conference features panels on the latest investing tools and technologies and insight into global markets and investment strategies.
Simulating the look and feel of a traditional conference, the online environment includes:
- a lounge for networking and collaboration
- an exhibit hall, where attendees can learn about products and services;
- a game room, featuring online financial games; and
- a resource center, where visitors can fill a virtual briefcase with white papers, eBooks and speaker presentations.
Covestor plans to host presentations by:
- Ian Ayres: Professor, Yale University; Author, Lifecycle Investing
- Lee Hull: Founder, Hull Capital; Author, Less Risk, More Return
- Pat Huddleston: Founder, Investor’s Watchdog; Author, The Vigilant Investor
- Jeff Towson: Investor; Author, What Would Ben Graham Do Now
- Tadas Viskanta: Founder, Abnormal Returns
- Bruce Carton: Founder, Securities Docket
- Andrew Hallam: Author, The Millionaire Teacher
- Mebane Faber: Cofounder, Cambria Investments; Author, The Ivy Portfolio
- Asheesh Advani: CEO, Covestor
This January, Covestor launched a new website https://interactiveadvisors.com/, which enhances the quality of active portfolio management by increasing client access to Model Manager strategies through improved metrics, visual infographics and augmented search capabilities that ease model selection and target results.
Covestor brings the clarity and efficiency of an online marketplace to the world of money management. Investors can compare and select from a transparent marketplace of money management talent that includes top performing portfolio managers and successful investors. Covestor’s Portfolio Sync technology automatically replicates trades, providing clients the convenience of “set and forget” functionality and the protection of Covestor’s proprietary trade filtering.
Covestor is widely regarded as a pioneer in bringing separately managed accounts (SMAs) online in a transparent marketplace. Founded in 2006, the company has offices in New York City and London and is funded by leading VC firms including Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital and Amadeus Capital Partners.
Covestor is an investment adviser registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Additional information can be accessed directly from our Form ADV document, available at https://interactiveadvisors.com/.
It should not be assumed that any information discussed herein will prove to be profitable or that decisions in the future will be profitable or provide similar results. While Covestor does provide limited investment advice to its clients, the content herein is provided as general and impersonalized investment information and is not a recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell any security or subscribe to any particular investment model. Please take appropriate professional advice in any investment decisions.
For additional information contact:
Kalen Holliday, Covestor Communications Director 866-825-3005 x4 or kalen(at)covestor(dot)com