Amazon released some 2010 and holiday sales data this morning. Among the results [added]:
- On the peak day this season, Amazon’s worldwide fulfillment network shipped over 9 million units across all product categories. [That’s 104 items/second.]
- Amazon shipped to 178 countries.
- During the holiday season, the biggest mobile shopping days for iPad, iPhone and Android users was Sunday, however the biggest mobile shopping day for BlackBerry users was Friday. [Because they’re watching football on Sundays?]
- The last Local Express Delivery order that was delivered in time for Christmas was placed by a Prime member and went to Woodinville, Wash. It was an Apple Mac Mini that was ordered at 1:41 p.m. on Christmas Eve and delivered at 8:04 p.m. that evening.
- Amazon customers purchased enough snow/tire chains to outfit the entire population of three of America’s top ski cities: Aspen, Breckenridge and Sun Valley.
- Amazon customers purchased so many pairs of jeans that if you folded each pair and stacked them on top of each other, the height would be the equivalent of Mt. Everest.
- Amazon customers purchased more Philips Norelco shavers this holiday season than the average beard hairs on a man’s face. [TMI]