Global Economic Outlook
- With global monetary tightening in motion amid exceptionally high inflation, the world economy is entering a slowdown. There is a chance of a growth recession or even something worse.
- Signs of normalization in global supply chains have been modest. Firms are now revisiting such arrangements with an eye on shortening and simplifying them.
Emerging Markets Outlook
- Risks of further lockdowns under China’s zero-COVID policy reignited worries in Q2 around global supply chains, growth, and inflation.
- However, June data implied a material increase in activity at the end of the second quarter, indicating a favorable start to the second half of 2022.
Global Capital Market
- The circular risks surrounding inflation, interest rates and economic growth create a difficult backdrop for equity markets, even with the negative returns already witnessed year-to-date.
- The prospects for fixed income are more balanced, but vary dramatically by sector, credit quality and maturity.
Read Full commentary here : https://www.ssga.com/library-content/pdfs/insights/quarterly-economic-forecasts-q3-2022.pdf
This post first appeared on July 27th, 2022 on the State Street Global Advisors blog
PHOTO CREDIT: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/HTWE
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. Diversification does not ensure a profit nor guarantee against a loss.
This material represents an assessment of the market environment at a specific point in time and is not intended to be a forecast of future events, or a guarantee of future results. This information is not intended to be individual or personalized investment or tax advice and should not be used for trading purposes. Please consult a financial advisor or tax professional for more information regarding your investment and/or tax situation.